The sorts of things Poyle can give grants for include:

  • Kitchen items and appliances
  • Furniture
  • Clothing
  • Travel and training costs

We do not usually give grants to pay for basic items such as food, rent and utility bills.

We can only give grants to those who live in the central area of Guildford (see map on Home Page).

How can I apply?  

  • Contact the office to request an application form (Contact Us) and one will be sent to you.
  • Include as much information as possible about your circumstances and the reason why you need the grant.
  • If possible, get a professional who knows your circumstances to send a referral letter with the application.  Examples of professionals include: Home School Link Worker, Housing or Charity Support Workers or Social Worker. They may also apply directly on your behalf. If you do not have a professional working with you, you must include the name of someone who understands your circumstances so that we can get in contact with them if we need to.
  • Applications for school uniform and school residential trips are handled through the Home School Link Worker (HSLW) attached to your child’s school. Please contact them for details.
  • Send all the necessary information to us by e-mail or post (Contact Us).

What will happen to my application then?  

Applications are considered by the Trustees every 2 to 3 weeks. We will tell you their decision by post as soon as possible after the meeting.

If you are unsure about anything please contact the office (Contact Us).